Things are looking better! Jonathan is 2 weeks old today!
Yesterday Jonathan figured there is good stuff in Mommy's boobie! He nursed all 4 day feedings!! By the 9pm feeding he was pretty tired and we had to supplement a bit through his tube but during the day he got such good letdowns that he'd kick his legs while he tried to swallow eat and breath all at the same time! This morning at our first feeding, he was totally on the ball again... he's making the connection and we are both LOVING it!!!!
The Neuro Dr just stopped by. Yesterday they wrote an order to elevate Jonathan's head 45 degrees. We tried lying flat and as you know the bulge in his back did not go down, so they wanted to try elevation because it helps the shunt work better (at the same time hopefully it doesn't make his back bulge bigger)... Elevation seems to be working! Jonathan's head is still soft and the bulge looks to be getting smaller and softer too! The Dr says he expects it to be flat by tomorrow or the next day and then we can lay Jonathan on his back! The Dr even made a self admitted "bad" joke... he said, " I was worried that Dill kid was in a real pickle." He was honestly worried we might need to revise the shunt, but he feels very optimistic with the way things are looking now:) The joke was cute too... I don't think he would have been so candid if he didn't feel like things were going well:)
Oh! And, Jonathan "lost" his cord, it fell off his belly button today! He has a wonderfully cute innie!!
I also had my OB follow up today. My c-section is looking great and I've "lost" something too... 26 of the 50lbs I gained. I think 9lbs was baby and the other 17 was the fluid in my feet!!!
Thank you JESUS, I needed this! A good report and a good time nursing with my baby (the weight loss is nice too:)! All I need now is to be in my husbands arms! Till then, thank you Jesus for holding us in YOURS!





so glad things are going well. found you through we are THAT family. I've been praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteKimberly,
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are so precious. Both Grandpa Dill and I were touched when we saw them. Your blogs are so good. We love you and are praying that the shunt will work like it needs to. I am so happy that he is nursing well. You both keep up the good work! Jesus loves Jonathan ... this I know! Granna Dill
Kimberly,
ReplyDeleteI was reading another blog today that listed your blog address. I found myself going back to find out the whole story and spent hours going over the history. You and Jonathan are in my prayers! I look forward to reading the story of his first day home!
Candice
Grapevine, Texas
Praying over here at the HennHouse.
ReplyDeletevery good blog, congratulations
ReplyDeleteregard from Reus Catalonia
thank you
Oh look at that sweet, sweet boy! I am so glad he is recovering.
ReplyDeleteBreastfeeding success! Yeah!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day!
ReplyDeleteHe is so wonderful. I am so happy for the "let down" woo hoo, it is a wonderful feeling! I love you and am proud of the mommy you are able to be even though not always on your own terms. Keep up your strength and take care of yourself for the lil man. Love ya your sis Rach.
ReplyDelete