Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This is not home

Dreaming :)

I just want to take my child home.  I'm tired of seeing him here.  This is not home... this is not where he belongs.  I can't keep him in my presence all day long, or hold him in my arms anytime I please... this is not home.  It is only a brief stop.  Home is another place, a future that I long for.
It makes me wonder... my tiny glimpse of how Jesus must feel about us... awaiting, with great anticipation and longing, the day when the trumpets will sound and in a great celebration He can bring us all to where WE belong... HOME!!!

5 comments:

  1. Well said, Kimberly! You have an excellent eternal perspective.

    Can't wait to see you back in Billings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a brief, profound thought! I'll bet your right; I'll bet he does feel that way! Praying you home soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - he looks SO much like caleb in that picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim:
    Your baby is so beautiful. I can't wait to see him when you get home. Don't be in a hurry. When this time is over it will be just a memory. Let the doctors take their time and help him be perfectly healthy before he comes home. I was in the hospital 5 weeks and I felt the same way you do, but it is just a memory, life returned to normal. God knows what He is doing. Virginia

    ReplyDelete