Sunday, March 1, 2009

Setbacks

I miss my husband!!!  Caleb had to return to Montana last night and my heart hurts.  I miss my best friend, my support, my shoulder to cry on, my true love... soooooo much!  This whole process is so hard, but having Caleb gone (*sigh*) it hurts.
Jonathan's shunt is "being watched".  Yesterday his back swelled up really big again and started to leak.  The Dr's came and glued the site and then stuck a needle in the pump part of the shunt (on top of his head) and pulled out 20cc of spinal fluid to hopefully relieve the pressure.  Please pray the the shunt starts to work!  They put in a Medium pressure valve, but if that doesn't start working they may have to take him back to surgery and replace it with a Low pressure valve.  I do not want a revision, or more surgery.  Please LORD, help THIS shunt to work perfectly!
On Wed, the Urology Dr's started Jonathan on routine straight caths every 6hours.  Jonathan has A LOT of pee left in his bladder each time :( He has not been able to feel that he needs to pee, or squeeze out the pee from his bladder.  This is a problem many SB children face for a lifetime (the #1 cause of death for people with SB is kidney failure from poor urinary care), and it's discouraging.
I'm having a sad week.  I just want my son to feel better, to get better, to nurse well (pain meds make him tired) and to just be ok.  I want to get us home and into Caleb's arms.  We miss Him so much already!  
Please remember us all as Caleb battles being away and having to go back to work and I battle sadness, and missing my man.

10 comments:

  1. Praying for Jonathan. We've added him to the "Pray It Friday!" virtual prayer chain @ Carolina Mama. Praying God's blessing on this shunt. Sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep sweet Jonathan in my prayers, as well as you and Caleb. May you feel God's presence surrounding you all during this journey.

    peace
    *~Michelle~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are still in our prayers daily.
    I know it's tough without Caleb around for support. That's when God's Word becomes more powerful! "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all ways acknowledge HIM and HE will direct your paths."
    I pray you will feel HIS presence in Caleb's absence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family is praying for yours. We are standing in the gap for you. Lean on God and remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

    Jonathan is beautiful and he was created by our Heavenly Father who loves him even more than you and your hubby!

    He holds your precious family in the palm of His hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kimberly! This is a really hard time for you! It's so hard to be without your husband when you're going through tough times. By the way, don't forget about post-partum depression. I feel like I'm the advocate for it. Anyway, many many women get it after having a baby...it was awful after my first one. Consider asking your doctor for a short-term antidepressant. I personally think it would be very unusual if you weren't depressed considering all the stress and life changes that are happening! Ok, well that's my soapbox. I think you're great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that you, Caleb and Jonathan have to go through these hard times. You all are always in my prayers. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I hope all goes well with your precious baby boy! Your family is in my thoughts & prayers! (thank you for keeping your blog updated!!)

    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart aches along with yours and I know Caleb's hurts too. We visited with him for about an hour last night. He misses you and the baby just as much as you miss him. We are going to go up this weekend to spend some time with him.

    Hold on, you are tired and exhausted and it is hard to see the good things that God is accomplilshing in your life through all of this, but this hard time will pass. Jonathan is going to be OK and before you know it you both will be home. You have a wonderful family, we thank God that your mom and Bob are there for support. Remember your body heals better and Jonathan will pick up on the positive emotions. We love you so much. Granna Dill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly, I just got off of the phone with Carla(Philip's wife). Yours and Caleb's testimonies are really making an impression on her(especially yours). She is absolutely awed by what God is doing in Jonathan and you and Caleb. God so knows what He is doing! My prayers never stop(and won't as long as I have breath)for you all. Another Kim(Williams)is praying for you also. She is the one that takes special and extra care of my Mom in the nursing home. Love you so very much and always, Aunt Dona

    ReplyDelete
  10. We'll be praying.

    Do you mind if I link to your blog from mine?

    ReplyDelete