Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend at Dad's, Costco and BUBBLE TEA!



I got to spend the weekend at my dad's place in Spring. I was REALLY tired, but it was nice to see Him and Wanda. He made Steak for dinner Fri night, mmmmm 2 red meat meals in one day, you would think my iron level would have my energy up!?? Still I passed out at 9pm and did not wake until 9am Sat. It was a blissful and wonderful sleep! They have the BEST guest bed and the most wonderful pillows (I still haven't figured out how to sneak them home... but someday!)!! Dad woke up early and "made" breakfast... he went to Chick-fil-a and got YUMMY breakfast sandwiches... YUMMY! Caleb can't wait to get to Tx, he's SOOOO looking forward to some Chick-fil-a!
So, Sat is "Costco day" at the Harris house.... seriously, it's quite funny, but I look forward to it. It's like tradition, and who doesn't need a sample or two on a Sat morning!?
We spent the day running errands and of course going to Costco. It made me miss Heidi and Theo though, usually we go to Costco together and then share a Berry Sunday... that much ice cream is no fun without them:)
We also made a stop to see my Nanny (Dad's mom) we had a good visit. I love that everyone lives so close, it makes it nice!
Later that evening, my friend from Jr. High, Alauna called and we went out for our traditional Bubble Tea. Bubble Tea is GREAT!!! It's like a milkshake (I like coconut) with HUGE sweetened balls of chewy tapioca mixed in! I love it! Since I'm here for awhile, we will be having more bubble tea dates, and of course we need to find a good Sushi place. (maybe I will wait for Heidi to get here too, she likes Sushi:)
It was a fun relaxing weekend at Dad's. I can't believe I've been here 2 weeks already. Time really DOES fly when you are so VERY busy!

3 comments:

  1. It was so nice meeting you tonight and reading about your precious baby! I pray God's blessings on your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is going great for you and caleb we will keep you guys and your lil boy in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I forgot how tired you get being pregnant and about to deliver. And it was just a few months ago...

    But you'll get you're energy back!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete