Sunday, June 26, 2011

Revisiting REDEFINING

There's a lot of talk about Spina Bifida recently.  Those "awesome" commercials about SSRI's and birth defects are making Spina Bifida a house-hold name.  Honestly, if there is a link, I hope they hold those who had a part in it responsible.  How dare anyone knowingly put any child in harms way!
That being said... NO CHILD IS EVER A MISTAKE.  My Jonathan and the 100's of his little friends and millions others who were born with Spina Bifida, are not "preventable birth-defected children".  Most of us took our folic acid and did EVERYTHING we knew to do to have healthy pregnancies.  There is NO sure fire way to EVER conceive a perfectly healthy child.   So, we do and did the next best thing, we loved our children anyway, we love them a little more each day and we realize that we are BLESSED!
Here are a few links to some very AMAZING blogs on the topic this week:)

From Misty of 
Broken Body/Whole Spirit: But Didn’t You Take Your Folic Acid?

From Jill of

:Awareness





and lastly, I'd like to share a blog by my Mom friend Jamie of 
boy-are-they:)

2 comments:

  1. I am way behind in reading blogs right now and just getting hit with all of this, and I have to say...

    I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!! There is NO WAY that Nathaniel is a mistake, any more than there is a way I could have tried any harder to have a healthy baby! (Believe me... my child before Nathaniel died at birth.. again after I had done EVERYTHING right...I was TRYING SO HARD with Nathaniel to cross every T and dot every I, and yet God still saw fit to bless me with a child with SB)

    And I LOVE all three of the posts you have linked to. I am so glad that there are so many more women and families out there trying so hard to bring awareness to these FABULOUS kids than when we started this journey 11+ years ago!

    ReplyDelete