Friday, July 1, 2011
Choosing
Sometimes I stumble upon a quote that really speaks to me. I found this sweet gem years ago, around Christmas 2007. My life was crazy, there were a lot of loose ends and I was feeling a lot like I do now... unsettled. I was in a drought and this quote was like a drop of water. I wrote it on an a scrap of paper, and carried it home with me. It sat on my side table and I read it often. I had prayed for peace and clarity and I think God sent me a little reminder. A reminder to be open... to CHOOSE to LIVE! And I did, soon after we made the choice to open our hearts to children!:) 2008 was a year of celebration! It hasn't been easy since, but it has been rewarding. We've learned a lot, loved a lot, welcomed another sweet soul into our lives and grown closer as a family. It's been tough though and I feel the unsettledness setting in. God reminded me of my little quote, but for the life of me I couldn't remember where I put it... we've moved since then people:) Today though, I was putting some things on the shelf in my closet, and there it was... my words, my quote, my reminder:)
Here it is...
"Every moment of every day, CHOOSE.
Choose to do the right thing, the tough thing -not the familiar easy thing.
Choose the way of the warrior or the way of the coward.
Make your choice out of love instead of fear.
Choose from the heart.
Choose to live fully, not to sleepwalk thorough your life.
Choose to respond with the way you really feel, not the way you're supposed to feel.
Choose the mineral water over the soda;
Choose the lemon and olive oil over the blue cheese;
Choose the walk in the park over the ride to the mall.
Choose simplicity over extravagance.
Choose conversation over the television.
Choose to talk things out rather than stew in your anger overnight.
Choose compassion and generosity.
Choose to smile instead of frown.
Make your own choices in your own time and choose to stick with them."
-Rachel Snyder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






That is a great post!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic quote...
ReplyDeleteand a great reminder.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete