Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"I got a lazy eye, ALRIGHT?!"

Look how dilated his eyes are!!!:) 

Jonathan has a clogged tear duct.  He's been leaking out of his left eye for a few months now.  It's really weird because things like this usually happen at birth, or when the kids are really little.  So, it's probably been there, a narrow duct, but now it's clogged.  Typically, on little guys it's an in-office-fix... but since my little guy is not so little anymore it means out patient surgery.  We'll it turns out we may try to knock out 2 birds with one stone.  Jonathan's left eye also has a tendency to drift inward, especially when he's tired.  She checked his vision and he's 20/20 so glasses wouldn't fix the problem.  So the plan is reevaluation in 2 months and probably surgery for muscle release and probing of the duct.  I guess I'd rather them fix both things together, and fix it now.  Although it is funny to say "I got a lazy eye, alright" (inside joke) it's probably better to have corrected vision:)
waiting on the Dr with Gammi, he's a good boy:)
 

3 comments:

  1. That child is adorable. Great, great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just a BLESSED FAMILY all-around and I love you all very much and always, Aunt Dona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, he's so sweet!! I'm glad you can at least do both surgeries at once.

    ReplyDelete