too cool for the petting zoo:)
He's learning to share and will offer you a cheerio, all you have to do is ask!:)
Here he is being held by Heidi and sharing with his favorite cousin Theo. Heidi and Theo were here for a few days and Jonathan just adores his Aunt and his cousin. He laughed a lot that week!
He's also learning to give kisses! I've been waiting for this!!!:) I ask for kisses ALL the time! He leans in with an open mouth (mostly his nose hits my lips:) I say "THANK YOU!" and he just grins SO BIG:) He likes my kisses just as much as I love his!
We've been working on waving for a looooooonnnnngggggg time. He understands the hand part but never raises his arm. I think it's been a strength issue. Well yesterday we went to a neighborhood trick-or-treating event with some friends and from his perch (stroller) my little Clown just started full arm waving at everyone... and they waved back! I was SO proud!! I wish I could find my ipod... I would have filmed it! Seriously people, I was BEAMING!
a little clowning around before going out:)
PT and OT have really been going well. Caleb and I can both see the the gains in core and arm strength. It's making bed time/nap time a little challenging. Jonathan can now push himself in a sitting position from his pillow. So when we lay him down, he pops back up in typical "look what I can do" toddler fashion. Keeping the bi-PAP on him during this is pointless, so I just wait until he falls asleep before slipping it on. I'm having to really watch him now and put pillows all around so he doesn't tumble right off of something with all this new wiggle action! Jonathan is supporting him self so much better and he loves going to therapy, we are so thankful for the 2 wonderful therapist we have! It truly amazes me how he masters the new toys at therapy and remembers how they work week to week. Like I said, watching those "wheels of learning" is an amazing joy! I love being a mommy!
therapy taped him up to help with core strength.
a little laundry-basket-sitting-therapy!
In Owen news... this boy is a WIGGLE worm and he's stretching out my belly MUCH more than Jonathan did, little stinker!:)









Sounds like he is doing great!!
ReplyDeleteJust awesome update, such a cutie!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHe's such a cutie! Sounds like he's doing great!
ReplyDelete