So... we've been working on eating and drinking with this kiddo. Since that failed swallow study, we've been taking things slow but steady. He really seems to be getting the tilty cup and he LOVES his water! You should see the amount I cath out of this boy, in addition to what he's peeing! LOVES water:)
He has also been doing really well with the thickened foods (oatmeal like thickness) and really likes eating too... not sure he knows what that "full feeling" means because he cries every time he finishes:( It's very sad:( But, I KNOW he's getting enough, I just hope HE figures it out soon. What HAS helped the last few days is giving him some of those dissolvable cereal like snacks. That distracts him and it's fun. He's actually done really well into this first venture with "solids". We've been doing it for about 2 days and his pincher is getting much better, but he's still no pro... YET! He hasn't figured out that "not only does the hand get the food TO the mouth, but it can ALSO help keep it there" LOL, you should see the faces this boy makes trying to catch the ones that get away:) Tonight we were eating Ritz crackers and I decided (watching carefully to make sure he didn't choke) to give him one. He did AWESOME!! He brought it to his mouth, took bites and even chewed really well. It was ADORABLE and I'm so happy! He didn't even gag or choke once! Here are a few pictures of him working hard on his first-ever-ritz-cracker!:)








I just wanted to stop by and say hello!! I found your blog through the NetworkedBlogs app. I have a 22 month old with Spina Bifida. :-)
ReplyDelete