So when Jonathan outgrew his size 3 diapers I decided I would give cloth diapers a try. I have ALWAYS wanted to cloth diaper. Mom clothed our butts and I love seeing those old photos and hearing stories about how much she enjoyed it. I'm still learning. I have learned that I ONLY like 100% cotton because the other stuff gets stinky and I really like just plain ol cloth prefolds or flatfolds pinned old school style! I also have water proof nappy covers that keep the leaks in when we go out. So far we it's been successful and FUN! I still use a disposable for his 12 hour overnight sleeping (although I ordered this wool cover from ETSY and may brave overnight when it arrives.... eek:) I'm also still learning all the different folds, I haven't got a favorite yet, but it's fun to play (I always loved origami as a kid:) And, I have a huge desire to tie dye a few of these, I think that would be sooooo cute! Speaking of CUTE here are a few pictures of Jonathan in his cotton:)
PS. We are now cathing Jonathan 4xs a day. Jonathan DOES pee on his own, but we like to help him empty his bladder during the day. He also poops on the potty (with assistance 2-3xs a day) so I don't have to deal with poopy diapers. I'm sure the next baby will be much wetter and a lot more poopy, but we are having fun and come Feb, I should be a cloth diaper pro!:)







He's precious and so blessed to have you as his Mommy!
ReplyDelete