So many things to report... my baby turned 2 months on the 16th... TWO MONTHS and he's getting stronger and more amazing everyday!
Being home has been sooooo nice. It's been good to be somewhere and settled. It's good to be together as a family again, VERY good.
Caleb and I have been working very hard at breastfeeding. He has been such a help, washing the bottles, burping and weighing the baby and just being there for me and Jonathan.
And... GUESS WHAT!!! Jonathan finally did it... for the FIRST time, yesterday, Sat April 18th, Jonathan FINALLY breast fed so well (30z each feed!) we didn't have to give him a bottle to supplement. TWO months people, two months of hard work and the squirt finally did it! Thank you LORD! There is a light at the end of this tunnel and one day, someday soon, we will be free of the scale, able to nurse and safely know he's getting what he needs. It's a very freeing awesome feeling!!!!
We also attended our first Spina Bifida Clinic here in Montana. Things went pretty well. The Dr's are very happy with Jonathan's level of feeling in his legs (he moves them more everyday), his shunt is working well, he's gaining weight (11# and 21") and he's just plain wonderful. There are a few issues however. I discovered a hernia, so Jonathan will need yet another surgery to repair this. Poor little guy. Also, the Pediatrician was a bit concerned that Jonathan is not looking at faces or following objects with his eyes, so we have an appointment to see a specialist on Wed. Please pray that all is well and that Jonathan is just taking his time meeting this milestone too.
God is good, it has been one long month of living life 4 hours at a time. I'm exhausted but happy. I'm so proud of my little boy, he's growing up too fast already.





Kim, I am so convinced that God is not through doing miracles in Jonathan's and you and Caleb's lives! I was beginning to wonder when you were going to post an update. I know that you are so busy! Love and miss ya'll so much and always, Aunt Dona
ReplyDeletewow my grandson is amazing..could have something to do with his amazing parents
ReplyDeletethat Yoda pic is too cute
love you so much,moma
Poppi and Gammi are so loving Jonathan
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteI remember our first myelo clinic... so many doctors!