Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mom of One for One More Night

The last few nights I have cherished looking at Jonathans sweet face as he's fallen asleep in his bed next to mine.  I've been savoring the last moments of the undivided attention I can give to him.  I've spent hours just looking at this precious face that has been my world, my focus of mothering, for the last 23 months and a hand full of sweet days.  I am in awe of how much I love this little boy, this child who has come so far but is still so much my baby in so many ways.
In just a few short hours, 24 and a few, our world will change again.  A new little life, a strong BIG little boy will join us out here in this world.  He will rock it and change it in his own ways, as his brother did nearly two years ago.  He will challenge us and grow us as parents and as family.  It's been 41+ weeks of waiting and now Owen's nearly ready to meet the world.  Soon, very soon, too soon and not nearly soon enough I will be the Mom of two sweet souls.  It's overwhelming, it's scary, it's amazing and it's wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. I well remember what that day before Georgia felt like, and it IS scary and overwhelming. But now I look at my two together, and it is just a priceless feeling to see them playing together, enjoying each other, giving each other love. Both of their lives are so much better for the other one being there, and so is mine! Congrats, and can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh, oh! Congrats and I can't wait to see photos of the new addition. I can imagine it is scary and overwhelming, but oh so very beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting soooooo close!! I can't wait to see your new little one :). Our little ones sleep near to us to, and we wouldn't have it any other way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! can't wait to see pictures of the new addition. I can imagine there is some angst about how you will balance the day to day stuff with a second one in tow but I promise you that watching Jonathan interact with his baby brother will be nothing short of priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete