Monday, December 20, 2010

New Floors!

Turns out my sweet Nanny (my dad's mother) who passed days after Mothers Day this year, left my dad with instructions to give us a Christmas gift that would help Jonathan.  She blessed us with a HUGE gift... new floors!  Because of this Jonathan has been able to get out of the kitchen and explore more with his wheels!  The carpet downstairs was ripped out and the floors were installed on the 15th, and let me tell you, not only are they functional they are BEAUTIFUL!!!
I had ordered Jonathan a Sonic Scooter and it too arrived on the 15th, we put him on it that evening!  Here is a video of Jonathan exploring his new found freedom for the first time.  It was amazing to watch, this is the MOST my son has been able to move freely by his own power.  He's a fast little learner:)



He's also been getting more stander time because of the new space.  Yesterday he pushed himself FORWARD about 3 feet!!!  I called Caleb in and he got to witness it too!  We were cheering and clapping like a bunch of high school cheerleaders!!! Of course by the time I got the video camera he was "all done" with that trick:)  But, he's getting it, he's learning and Caleb and I couldn't be more proud of our little man!

Got himself stuck in a corner... but he's very happy about it and he did get  out all by himself!:)

Chilln' on the new floors.  Do you like our simple Christmas... it's all I had the energy for, but I  like it!:)
Thank you Nanny!! Merry Christmas to you too!

Such a happy boy!!

3 comments:

  1. The video isn't showing for me.... What is a sonic scooter? Sounds interesting! The new floors are absolutely beautiful! His smile is pretty amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing and how wonderful for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Look at him go! Watch out, he'll soon be getting into everything (and you'll love every minute of it~ even when he is being naughty!~ because it is such a huge acomplishment) Our son, Brendan is almost 4 and has SB.
    Stephanie :)
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/babybrendan

    ReplyDelete