October is Spina Bifida awareness month. Not only must we make mothers aware that they should be taking their folic acid... but more importantly the battle of awareness lies in making others AWARE that Spina Bifida is NOT a death sentence. Spina Bifida is not a diagnoses of a life that will be any less than ANY OTHER life. Spina Bifida has challenges, yes but what life doesn't? Spina Bifida is not an obstacle that will stand in the way of a good, full, joyful life!
I am so proud, honored, blessed, humbled, changed, challenged, encouraged, awed and overwhelmed by JOY because of Jonathan in my life. He's made me a mother, he's made my husband a father and he's made us more like the people we WANT to be. I thank God for my son, for everything he is and everything he will become. I am BLESSED!!
Which brings me to another point. Our sweet group of SB moms (and dads) has been recently rocked by a mother who's child has been diagnosed with Spina Bifida. She is illeducated on the diagnosis, misinformed and thinking the worst about how this child's life will be. WILL be.... If there is one thing I have learned about Spina Bifida it's not a one size fits all diagnosis, there is no WILL be, or WILL happen. There are no solid answers until after birth, and most of the revelations are GOOD ones. There are a TON of "might-be's and maybe's" but nothing, NOTHING set in stone. Just like every child! Because of this, she feels that she has 3 choices and feels that she is in a no win situation... One of the choices is termination, and NONE of the choices are adoption. I just want to say, how can LIFE ever be a "no win"? Despite all the hope we have to offer, all the encouragement we have to give it seems she has turned a deaf ear to our pleas. It is heartbreaking, maddening and just plain sad. So many of us are hurting for this child tonight, you can read a few of the blogs below.
At this point all we can do is pray, please pray!
UPDATE: She and her family have decided to keep their precious child!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!
UPDATE: She and her family have decided to keep their precious child!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!
God Does Not Make Mistakes
The Ride
Not Alone
The Mirror
God Sends Miracles
Some Thoughts
Awareness Month
The Ride
Not Alone
The Mirror
God Sends Miracles
Some Thoughts
Awareness Month
Life, EVERY life is precious. Even if it is legal to terminate at 24 weeks, is it right?
Abortion Survivor Gianna Jessen Speaks Out:





Agreed and Agreed....
ReplyDeleteI have not seen this woman's blog.. nor do I know if I could stomach it right now. But I WILL pray that God's will be done in this situation!
And thank you for introducing me to more special moms :)
Bless you for your passion! (and for being the FABULOUS mom you are :) )
praying. thank you for this post.
ReplyDeleteStill praying. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI could not agree more! I wrote a similar post in honor of spina bifida month, and feel exactly the same way!
ReplyDelete