Thursday, March 12, 2009

Home Away from Home

I write this blog from the comfort of "my" bed while nursing my son at my Moms house!!!
No wires, no monitors just me and my baby (and one little feeding tube).

Monday, Jonathan got his stitches out.  Piece of cake!  Jonathan's Spina Bifida closure is beautiful and I will get pictures up soon!
On Tuesday, Jonathan was officially "waterproof", I gave him  his first real dunk in a hospital basin on Tuesday night.  He made bubbles and very dirty water lol!  It was adorable:)
Wed... the big discharge day!  I arrived at the hospital with butterflies in my tummy.  (I realized these were the butterflies I didn't have when I went in for my c-section.... knowing I wouldn't get to take my baby home.  Now, I have butterflies, because NOW he becomes MINE!)

It's quite the adjustment, I'm actually up at night WITH my child, feeding him in addition to pumping.  It's exhausting, but sweet.  We shared the same bed, I could hear him and touch him and it was amazing.

We are still supplementing with the tube, still working on getting strong enough to take a full bottle or nurse a full 3oz.  Please keep praying.  It's a lot of steps and a lot of dishes and it takes foooorrrr-EV=er... but it's worth it and I KNOW we will get it!
We are also still cathing, but we are getting very small amounts of urine and Jonathan did really well on his urology test, so hopefully it will be safe and the Dr will give the ok stop. 

We have a Neurology followup with Dr. Whitehead on Friday and also a Pediatrician appointment.   
Today though,... today we have the day off.  Nothing to do, but just BE!
I'm a very happy Mommy:)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post!!!

    I remember bringing our Esther-Faith home.

    We're praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. We've never met but I've been praying for your sweet boy daily. I will continue to pray for his complete recovery.
    Misty-UT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what good news. Every day I check the blog and today was the best yet. What a miracle. I am glad you have family there to stay with and help and encourage. You are an awesome mom and such a blessing. Janet Hofer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! How nice to have your baby out of the hospital! I bet Jonathan is happy, too! You are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly, God is so good, isn't He? You are doing good, girl! Keep up the good work and know that I'm praying fervently for you all-you, Caleb, Jonathan and everyone else involved. Love and appreciate you so much, Aunt Dona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!We've been praying and will continue to do so, but God is faithful and able to do more than we could ever have imagined. I'm so happy for you and Jonathan that you have this closer bonding time now. Love ya, Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Girl, congratulations! That is wonderful and exciting news!
    Connie and I have been out of the country for the past week or so. And even though we haven't been able to keep up with Jonathan's progress, we have been praying for him and you and Caleb.
    Didn't have email or web access, but did have a direct line to THE FATHER!

    ReplyDelete