Friday, December 12, 2008

Jonathan's follow-up # 2

Ok, well.  We had our 3rd appointment with the specialist today.  For the most part everything still looks good.  All of Jonathan's organs and his body are growing and still right on track.  I'm at 30 weeks (less than 10 to go) and Jonathan is around 3 lbs.  Jonathan was wide awake and we got to watch him move around a lot this time.  He's kicking and flexing all those strong arm and leg muscles!  We were so tickled to watch him yawn and then suck on his fingers.  My baby is SO cute!!:)  Oh, and he has hair... which is funny to us:)
The defect/hole in his spine still looks to be low.  The Dr. is now thinking at the juncture of the lumbar and sacrum.  This is only a bit higher than the Dr. thought last time (now that Jonathan is getting bigger, it's easier to pinpoint).  Still, this is very low and good news.
They are, however, seeing a more than normal (but still very minimal) amount of fluid collecting in the left ventricle of his brain.  It's not an issue at this point but after birth he will probably need the assistance of a shunt implant to regulate the fluid.  we are bummed but it will be good to fix the problem early, if he needs it, before it becomes a life threatening issue as he grows up.
My next appointment is Wed Jan 14th.  After that I have the go-ahead to fly to Texas as soon as the 15th.
Keep praying for us and for Jonathan.  God is good!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad the appointment went well and things still look good. I can't believe how quickly the time is approaching that you will have your new addition! I can't believe you can see hair on the ultrasound already! That is really cool. He is going to be one handsome little guy! By the way, I'm totally happy you are blogging! I love finding out what people are up to!

    ReplyDelete